Ramanujan Fellow Faculty
PhD, IIT Kanpur, India, 2017
BTech, NIT Warangal, India, 2008
Computational Contact Mechanics
Selected Recent Publications
- P Kumar, M Langelaar; “On topology optimization of design‐dependent pressure‐loaded 3D structures and compliant mechanisms” J. Numer. Methods Eng., 122(9), 2205-2220, 2021
- P. Kumar, C. Schmidleithner, N. B. Larsen, O. Sigmund, “Topology optimization and 3D printing of large deformation compliant mechanisms for straining biological tissues”, Struct Multidisc Optim, 63, 1351–1366, 2021.
- P. Kumar, J. S. Frouws, M. Langelaar, “Topology optimization of fluidic pressure-loaded structures and compliant mechanisms using the Darcy method”, Struct Multidisc Optim, 61, 1637–1655. 2020.
- P. Kumar, R. A. Sauer, A. Saxena, “On topology optimization of large deformation contact-aided shape morphing compliant mechanisms”, Mech. Mach. Theory, 2021.
- P. Kumar, P. Fanzio, L. Sasso, M. Langelaar, “Compliant Fluidic Control Structures: Concept and Synthesis Approach”, Computers and Structures, 216, 26–39, 2019.
- P. Kumar, A. Saxena, R. A. Sauer, “Computational synthesis of large deformation compliant mechanisms undergoing self and mutual contact”, ASME. J. Mech. Des., 141(1), 2019
- Ramanujan Fellowship, 2021
- Young Delegates Program fellowship, Asian MMS conference, 2018, IISc, Bangaluru, India and MAMM Conference, 2016, Germany; IFToMM
- Honorable mention fast forward presentation award; IDETC/CIE ASME Conference, 2015, USA
- Performance excellence award; 2011, Kirloskar Oil Engine Ltd., Pune, India