Instructions for in-person interviews for the M Tech (Research)/Ph.D. programme in Mechanical Engineering@IISc
May 22-26, 2023
Reach us at 080 2293 2332 during regular working hours or email email@example.com
- In-person interviews will be conducted at the Mechanical Engineering Department, IISc Bengaluru during May 22-26, 2023.
- Shortlisted candidates should check the interview call letter for the reporting date and time. This information is also available on the admissions portal.
- Candidates with interviews scheduled for the forenoon session should report to the ME office at 9 AM.
- Candidates with interviews scheduled for the afternoon session should report to the ME office at 2 PM.
- For verification purposes, please bring a printed copy of
- your application form,
- interview call letter, and
- GATE score card (If applicable).
What to expect during the interview
- You will be assigned an interview committee when you report to the office. Please wait for your turn.
- Interviews typically last 15-30 minutes on an average.
- During your interview, introduce yourself with details about your educational and professional background.
- Expect brief technical questions on basic topics (at an undergraduate level). The typical topics are: Solid mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Thermal Engineering, Dynamics, Design and Materials. In those area(s), typically a small problem will be asked. The candidates have to solve it on the black board. More questions/clarifications will be asked from the candidates while the problem is being solved or after that is solved. A basic mathematics question may also be asked.