PhD, Stanford University, California, 1986
MS, University of Florida at Gainesville, Florida, 1982
BTech, IIT Kanpur, 1980
+91 80 2293 2956
Kinematics, dynamics, control and design of robots and other computer-controlled mechanical systems, Theoretical and numerical investigations of non-linear dynamical systems, Kinematics of parallel mechanisms and manipulators
Design of mechanical systems,
Biomedical devices, CAD/CAM
- ME 240 Dynamics and Control of Mechanical Systems
- ME 246 Introduction to Robotics
- PD 229 Computer Aided Product Design
Selected Recent Publications
- Shyam, R. A., Acharya, M., & Ghosal, A. (2017). A heliostat based on a three degree-of-freedom parallel manipulator. Solar Energy, 157, 672-686.
- Chaudhury, A. N., & Ghosal, A. (2017). Optimum design of multi-degree-of-freedom closed-loop mechanisms and parallel manipulators for a prescribed workspace using monte carlo method. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 118, 115-138.
- Menon, M. S., Ravi, V. C., & Ghosal, A. (2017). Trajectory planning and obstacle avoidance for hyper-redundant serial robots. Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, 9(4), 041010.
- Reddy, B. S., & Ghosal, A. (2017). Chaotic motion in a flexible rotating beam and synchronization. Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, 12(4), 044505.
- Ahmad, N., Ranganath, R., & Ghosal, A. (2017). Modeling and experimental study of a honeycomb beam filled with damping particles. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 391, 20-34.
Onboard passive micro vibration isolation in spacecraft, STC, 2017-2020
- Elected Member of IFToMM Executive Committee (2016-2019)
- Elected Fellow of Indian National of Engineering (2010)
- Associate Editor: Mechanism and Machine Theory, ASME Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines
- Robotics: Fundamental Concepts and Analysis, Oxford University Press (2006)