Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA, 2022
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA, 2017
Master of Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, 2011
Bachelor of Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 2009
Experimental Nanoscale Solid Mechanics
Multifunctional Materials and Interfaces
Selected Recent Publications
- F. Yang, D. Das, and I. Chasiotis, “Microscale creep and stress relaxation experiments with individual collagen fibrils.” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 150, 106869, 2022.
- D. Das, and I. Chasiotis, “Rate dependent adhesion of nanoscale polymer contacts.” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 156, 104597, 2021.
- D. Das, and I. Chasiotis, “Sliding of adhesive nanoscale polymer contacts.” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 140, 103931, 2020.
- J. Liu, D. Das, F. Yang, A. G. Schwartz, G. M. Genin, S. Thomopoulos, and I. Chasiotis, “Energy dissipation in mammalian collagen fibrils: Cyclic strain-induced damping, toughening, and strengthening.” Acta biomaterialia, 80, 217-227, 2018.
- D. A. Antartis, R. N. Mott, D. Das, D. Shaddock, and I. Chasiotis, “Cu Nanospring Films for Advanced Nanothermal Interfaces”, Advanced Engineering Materials, 20, 1700910, 2018.
- D. Das, L. Sanchez, J. Martin, B. Power, S. Isaacson, R. G. Polcawich, and I. Chasiotis, “Control of Ferroelectric and Linear Piezoelectric Response of PZT Films through Texture”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 101, 2965, 2018.
- D. Das, L. Sanchez, J. Martin, B. Power, S. Isaacson, R. G. Polcawich, and I. Chasiotis, “Control of mechanical response of freestanding PbZr0. 52Ti0. 48O3 films through texture”, Applied Physics Letters, 109, 131905, 2016.
- D. Das, B. Power, J. P. Martin, R. G. Polcawich, and I. Chasiotis, “Role of oxide seed layer in plastic response of epitaxially grown textured metal films”, Acta Materialia, 112, 390, 2016.
- D Das, PC Chakraborti, “Effect of stress parameters on ratcheting deformation stages of polycrystalline OFHC copper”, Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, 34, 734, 2011.
Selected News Mentions, Honors and Awards
- 2021: News Article: Sending Novel Self-Healing Polymer Nanocomposites to the International Space Station.
- 2020: Research on Measurement of Adhesion and Friction between Polymer Nanofibers featured in the News.
- 2018: Best Professional Paper Award titled “Measurements of Adhesion Between Polymeric Nanofibers” from the Micro and Nanotechnology Technical Division at the 2018 Society for Experimental Mechanics Annual Conference, Greenville, SC.
- 2018: Research on Energy Dissipation in Mammalian Collagen Fibrils at the Nanoscale was featured in the news.
- 2018: Research on Cu nanosprings featured in the Journal cover of Advanced Engineering Materials and had news mentions.
- 2011-12: H. S. Stillwell Fellowship, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- 2009: S. K. Das Memorial Bronze Medal in Bachelor of Engineering, Jadavpur University.