PhD, IISc, Bangalore, 1997
MSc (Engg.), IISc, Bangalore, 1992
BE, REC Durgapur, Burdwan University (WB), 1989
+91 80 2293 3230
Applied geometry, Theoretical and computational kinematics, Mechanisms, CAD, VR/Haptics, Shape understanding, Assembly modeling and planning, Computational ergonomics, Digital human modeling, 3D product sketching.
- ME 295 Geometric Modeling for CAD
- PD 231 Mechanism Design
- PD 235 Applied Ergonomics
Selected Recent Publications
- Deb, M., & Sen, D. (2014). Design of double toggle switching mechanisms. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 71, 163-190.
- Swain, A. K., Sen, D., & Gurumoorthy, B. (2014). Extended liaison as an interface between product and process model in assembly.Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 30(5), 527-545.
- Ramakrishna, K., & Sen, D. (2015). Transitory second-order reciprocal connection for two surfaces in point contact.Mechanism and Machine Theory, 86, 73-87.
- Ramakrishna, K., & Sen, D. (2016). A note on enveloping curves in plane. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 105, 510-514.
- Digital Human Modeling for Build Process Simulation (Sponsor: Boeing Co., USA)
- Technological Data Analytics for Network Enabled Mfg. (Sponsor: Boeing Co., USA)
- Pediatric Pneumonia Detection (Sponsor: DBT)
- A Geometric Construction Device for Visually Impaired
and Methods Thereof
- A Harvesting Machine and a Method Thereof
- Multi-Positional Chair
- Multi-Grasping and Articulated Trans-radial Prosthesis
- Device for Wrapping and Collection of Fibrous Material
- A Multi-Orientation Chair, Indian Patent 6686/CHE/2015
- Prosthetic Arm, Design Registration 287834
- Patent Application 3547/CHE/2013 led to a successful start-up company named “Sickle Innovations Pvt Ltd” (http://www.sickle.in)