PhD, IIT Kanpur, 2008
BTech, IIT Kanpur, 2003
+91 80 2293 3062
Multiphase flow simulations
Interfacial instabilities, Multiscale simulations
Electrohydrodynamics of bubbles and drops
Complex fluid flows
- ME 201 Fluid Mechanics
- ME 246 Two Phase Flows and Boiling Heat Transfer
- ME 261 Engineering Mathematics
- ME 282 Computational Heat and Mass Transfer
Selected Recent Publications
- Sarika, C. K., Tomar, G., & Basu, J. K. (2016). Pattern formation in thin films of polymer solutions: Theory and simulations. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 144(2), 024902.
- Dalal, S., Tomar, G., & Dutta, P. (2016). Numerical study of driven flows of shear thinning viscoelastic fluids in rectangular cavities.Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 229, 59-78.
- Sunder, S., & Tomar, G. (2016). Numerical simulations of bubble formation from a submerged orifice and a needle: The effects of an alternating electric field.European Journal of Mechanics-B/Fluids, 56, 97-109.
- Nair, P., & Tomar, G. (2015). Volume conservation issues in incompressible smoothed particle hydrodynamics.Journal of Computational Physics, 297, 689-699.
- Jain, M., Prakash, R. S., Tomar, G., & Ravikrishna, R. V. (2015). Secondary breakup of a drop at moderate Weber numbers. R. Soc. A, 471(2177), 20140930.
- Ghatage, D., Tomar, G., & Shukla, R. K. (2015). Soft-spring wall based non-periodic boundary conditions for non-equilibrium molecular dynamics of dense fluids. The Journal of chemical physics, 142(12), 124108.
- Pratt and Whitney, Numerical modeling of breakup of liquid jet in a cross flow (2012-2017)
- Biomoneta, Computational modeling of airflow through ICU disinfection device