PhD, Columbia University, New York, 1992
MTech, IIT Madras, 1987
BTech, IIT Kharagpur, 1983
+91 80 2293 3225
Solar thermal technologies: receivers, storage, power generation
Advanced cooling technologies (adsorption cooling, loop heat pipes, phase change materials), Solidification, Materials processing
- ME 271 Thermodynamics
- ME 282 Computational Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow
- ME 274 Convective Heat Transfer
Selected Recent Publications
- Anand, R., Amrit Ambirajan, Pradip Dutta, “Investigations on vapour blanket formation inside capillary wick of loop heat pipe”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 156, 2020, 119685.
- Sagar Khivsara, Matta Uma Maheswara Reddy, K.P.J. Reddy, Pradip Dutta, “Measurement of radiation heat transfer in supercritical carbon dioxide medium”, Measurement, Volume 139, June 2019, Pages 40-48.
- Dutta, “High temperature solar receiver and thermal storage systems”, Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 124 (2017) pp. 624–632.
- Sourav Mitra, N. Aswin, Pradip Dutta, “Scaling analysis and numerical studies on water vapour adsorption in a columnar porous silica gel bed”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 95, April 2016, Pages 853–864.
- SK Singh, G. Phanikumar, K Chattopadhyay, P Dutta, “Experimental and Numerical Studies on Friction Welding of Thixocast A356 Aluminum Alloy”, Acta Materialia, 73(0): pp.177 – 185, 2014.
- Garg, P., Kumar P., Srinivasan K., Dutta P., “Evaluation of isopentane, R-245fa and their mixtures as working fluids for organic Rankine cycles”, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 51, 2013, pp 292-300.
- National Centre for Clean Coal Research & Development (PI) (2018 – ).
- (Co-PI) Solar Energy Research Institute for India and the United States (SERIIUS), DST and US-DOE (2012-2018).
- (PI) Development of High Efficiency Receiver for Supercritical CO2Integrated with Static Focus Parabolic Dish, MNRE (2016-2019).
- J.C. Bose National Fellow (2017-present)
- President, Indian Society of Heat and Mass Transfer (2018-present)
- Chairman, Solar Task Force, DST (2018-present)
- Distinguished Alumnus: IIT Kharagpur (2015), IIT Madras (2017)
- Elected Fellow: ASME (2010), Indian National of Engineering (2004), Indian Academy of Sciences (2011), National Academy of Sciences (2014), Indian National Science Academy (2014), American Society of Thermal and Fluids Engineers (ASTFE) – 2020.
- Associate Editor: ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, IEEE Transaction on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology