Raghuraman N. Govardhan
PhD, Cornell University, New York, 2000
BTech, IIT Madras, 1994
+91 80 2293 3232
Drag reduction using bubbles
Supersonic mixing and sprays
- ME 201 Fluid Mechanics
- ME 285 Turbomachine Theory
- ME 273 Solid and Fluid phenomena at small scales
Selected Recent Publications
- Dilip, D., Kumar, S. V., Bobji, M. S., & Govardhan, R. N. (2018). Sustained drag reduction and thermo-hydraulic performance enhancement in textured hydrophobic microchannels.International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 119, 551-563.
- David, M. J., Govardhan, R. N., & Arakeri, J. H. (2017). Thrust generation from pitching foils with flexible trailing edge flaps. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 828, 70-103.
- Murugan, J. N., & Govardhan, R. N. (2016). Shock wave–boundary layer interaction in supersonic flow over a forward-facing step. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 807, 258-302.
- Das, A., Shukla, R. K., & Govardhan, R. N. (2016). Existence of a sharp transition in the peak propulsive efficiency of a low Re pitching foil. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 800, 307-326.
- Jha, N. K., & Govardhan, R. N. (2015). Interaction of a vortex ring with a single bubble: bubble and vorticity dynamics.Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 773, 460-497.
- Bhat, S. S., & Govardhan, R. N. (2013). Stall flutter of NACA 0012 airfoil at low Reynolds numbers. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 41, 166-174. Board, Govt of India -(with Prof J Arakeri and Prof R.N. Govardhan) – (3 Years)
- “Transonic stall flutter: Unsteady flow over turbomachine blades in the transonic regime”, Gas Turbine Initiative: Ministry of Defense
- Associate Editor – Journal of Fluids and Structures, Elsevier (Jan 2015 – Present)