Ratnesh K. Shukla
PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, 2007
MS, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
BTech, IIT Kanpur, 2002
+91 80 2293 3234
Numerical analysis and high-performance computing
Theoretical and computational fluid dynamics,
High-speed flows, multiphase flows and fluid-structure interaction
ME 201 Fluid Mechanics
ME 261 Engineering Mathematics
ME 282 Computational heat transfer and fluid flow
ME 286 Numerical methods for partial differential equations
Selected Recent Publications
- Rehman, N. M., Kumar, A., & Shukla, R. K. (2017). Influence of hydrodynamic slip on convective transport in flow past a circular cylinder.Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, 31(3), 251-280.
- Das, A., Shukla, R. K., & Govardhan, R. N. (2016). Existence of a sharp transition in the peak propulsive efficiency of a low-$ Re $ pitching foil.Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 800, 307-326.
- Pathak, H.S. and Shukla, R.K, “Adaptive finite-volume WENO schemes on dynamically redistributed grids for compressible Euler equations ”, Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 319, pp. 200-230, 2016.
- Ghatage, D., Tomar, G., & Shukla, R. K. (2015). Soft-spring wall based non-periodic boundary conditions for non-equilibrium molecular dynamics of dense fluids.The Journal of Chemical Physics, 142(12), 124108.
- Shukla, R. K. (2014). Nonlinear preconditioning for efficient and accurate interface capturing in simulation of multicomponent compressible flows.Journal of Computational Physics, 276, 508-540.
- Shukla, R. K., & Giri, P. (2014). Isotropic finite volume discretization. Journal of Computational Physics, 276, 252-290.
- Shukla, R. K., & Arakeri, J. H. (2013). Minimum power consumption for drag reduction on a circular cylinder by tangential surface motion. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 715, 597-641.
- Computational and experimental investigation of hydrodynamic instabilities in a wide-gap Taylor Couettte flow, DST, 2014-2018
- High-order unstructured mesh WENO methods for the simulation of fluid flows, DRDL, 2016-2018