Rinku Kumar Mittal
DST Inspire Faculty
PhD, IIT Bombay, 2019
BTech & M.Tech, IIT Bombay, 2010
+91 80 2293
Dynamics of Machining Process
Experimental Characterization and Modeling of Chatter Phenomenon in Machining
Precision Machine Design and Development
Selected Recent Publications
- Sahoo, P., Patra, K., Singh, V. K., Mittal, R. K. and Singh, R., “Modelling Dynamic Stability and Cutting Forces in Micro Milling of Ti6Al4V using Intermittent Oblique Cutting FEM Simulation-based Force Coefficients”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 142-9, 091005, 2020.
- Azim, S., Gangopadhyay, S., Mahapatra, S. S., Mittal, R. K. and Singh, R., “Role of PVD coating on wear and surface integrity during environment-friendly micro drilling of Ni-based superalloy”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 272, 122741, 2020.
- Mittal, R. K., Kulkarni, S. S. Barshilia, H. and Singh, R., “Progressive Damage Assessment of Tool Coating of Amorphous Carbon (WC/a-C) in High-Speed Micromilling of Ti-6Al-4V”, ASME Journal of Micro and Nano-Manufacturing, Vol. 8-2, 024507, 2020.
- Mittal, R. K., Maheshwari, C., Kulkarni, S. S. and Singh, R., “Effect of Progressive Tool Wear on the Evolution of the Dynamic Stability Limits in High-Speed Micromilling of Ti-6Al-4V”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 141-11, 111006, 2019.
- Azim, S., Gangopadhyay, S., Mahapatra, S. S., Mittal, R. K., Singh, A. and Singh, R., “Study of Cutting Forces and Surface Integrity in Micro Drilling of a Ni-based Superalloy”, Journal of Manufacturing Processes, Vol. 45, 368-378, 2019.
Selected Awards and Academic Activites
- Co-founder & Director of Micromach Innovations Pvt Ltd
- Awarded Excellence in Ph.D. award at IIT Bombay 2020
- Awarded Best Annual Progress Seminar Award at IIT Bombay 2018
- Reviewer for Journals: Journal of Manufacturing Processes, Materials & Design, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing
- Reviewer for conference SME North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC)
- Member of the International Institution for Micro Manufacturing (I2M2)