Satish V. Kailas
PhD, IISc, Bangalore, 1994
ME, IISc, Bangalore, 1989
BTech, Govt. Engineering College, Trichur, 1987
Friction studies during metal forming/cutting, Friction stir welding
Design and development of special purpose machines
- ME 228 Materials and Structure Property Correlation
- PD 205 Materials Manufacturing and Design
Selected Recent Publications
- Dixit, S., Mahata, A., Mahapatra, D. R., Kailas, S. V., & Chattopadhyay, K. (2018). Multi-layer graphene reinforced aluminum–Manufacturing of high strength composite by friction stir alloying.Composites Part B: Engineering, 136, 63-71.
- Kumar, A., Yadav, D., Perugu, C. S., & Kailas, S. V. (2017). Influence of particulate reinforcement on microstructure evolution and tensile properties of in-situ polymer derived MMC by friction stir processing.Materials & Design, 113, 99-108.
- Madhu, H. C., & Kailas, S. V. (2018). Fabrication of localised aluminium foam by a novel polymeric blowing agent.Materials Characterization, 142, 340-351.
- Kar, A., Suwas, S., & Kailas, S. V. (2018). Two-pass friction stir welding of aluminum alloy to titanium alloy: A simultaneous improvement in mechanical properties. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 733, 199-210.
- Mechanical Joining of Al, steels and polymers, CAR-DST-TDB
- Factors influencing friction in friction drives, Nissan, Japan
- Editorial Board Member/ Associate Editor of:
- ASME Journal of Tribology
- STLE Tribology Transactions
- Tribology Online
- Chairman of the Interface committee, IISc
- Chairman of Students Affairs Committee, IISc