Postdoctoral Fellow, MPI for Dynamics and Self-Organization, 2020
PhD, IIT Kharagpur, 2018
MTech, IIT Kharagpur, 2014
BE, Jadavpur University, 2012
+91 80 2293 2484
Complex Fluids: Motion of colloids in liquid crystals
Biological Fluid Dynamics: Low-Reynolds-number swimming/locomotion
Active Soft Matter: Self-propelled droplets
Mesoscopic Simulations: Multiparticle collision dynamics and Lattice Boltzmann methods
Selected Recent Publications
- Mandal, S. and Mazza, M.G., 2021. Multiparticle collision dynamics simulations of a squirmer in a nematic fluid. European Physical Journal E, 44, p.64.
- Mandal, S. and Mazza, M.G., 2019. Multiparticle collision dynamics for tensorial nematodynamics. Physical Review E, 99(6), p.063319.
- Mandal, S. and Chakraborty, S., 2017. Uniform electric-field-induced non-Newtonian rheology of a dilute suspension of deformable Newtonian drops. Physical Review Fluids, 2(9), p.093602.
- Mandal, S., Bandopadhyay, A. and Chakraborty, S., 2016. The effect of uniform electric field on the cross-stream migration of a drop in plane Poiseuille flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 809, pp.726-774.
- Mandal, S., Ghosh, U. and Chakraborty, S., 2016. Effect of surfactant on motion and deformation of compound droplets in arbitrary unbounded Stokes flows. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 803, pp.200-249
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati, 2020-2022