- The interview will be conducted on Microsoft Teams. Google meet will be used as a back-up if there are any connectivity issues. The candidates are requested to install Microsoft Teams application on their mobile phone, through which the interview will happen. The candidate can join in as an anonymous user, there is no need to create a Microsoft account.
- The candidates have been already informed of the day and session (forenoon/afternoon) of their interview via email by the IISc ME (Mechanical Engineering) office.
- All candidates having interviews in the forenoon should connect to the ME office through the MS Teams link between 9 am to 9:30 am on the day of the interview. The MS Teams link link has already been sent to the candidates via email by the ME office.
- ME office will verify your identity and could possibly take a snapshot for future reference.
- The ME office will provide the candidates a tentative time slot for the interview (e.g., 11 am to 12 noon on the same day).
- After giving attendance and checking attendance settings, the candidate may disconnect from the ME Teams link. The candidates are required to connect back to the same MS Teams link (sent to all candidates via email by the ME office) and be ready at least 20 mins. before their allotted time slot.
- For candidates allotted the afternoon slot, the above steps above will be performed between 1:30 pm to 2 pm on the day of the interview.
- After connecting to the MS Teams link approx. 20 mins. prior to the interview slot, the candidate will sent to the “lobby” of the interview break-out room within MS Teams. At this point, the candidate will wait for the interview panel to let her/him in, and then, the interview will begin.
- The candidates are requested to have at least 25 separate sheets of plain paper ready, and use a sketch pen (dark blue, black, red or brown only) to show their workings on the papers. Candidates should avoid using pencils or ball point pens.
- The candidates are required to use the rear camera of their mobile phones to show their workings in an arrangement such as shown below for the interview:
- We suggest that the mobile phone is placed at about 1 foot from the desk/floor. A rigid ruler (or a stick) with mobile attached using a rubber band or a selfie stick or a tripod can be used. The arrangement should be such that it gives about 6 inch X 6 inch working space. The mobile phone setup should be firm and stable and the candidate should ensure that the phone and the fixture do not come in the way of her/his writing. The candidate should remain calm and not panic if there is an issue with connectivity or mobile phone setup. The interview panel will be considerate and patient.
- Please remember to submit the integrity undertaking before the interview. We expect the candidates to take this undertaking seriously and refrain from any means of mal practices.