A research paper entitled “Bacterial growth induced Biocementation technology, ‘Space-Brick’ – a proposal for experiment at microgravity and planetary environments ” from Prof. Aloke Kumar’s group, presented during the Human Space Flight Symposium in March 2020, has been selected as one of the best papers by the International Academy of Astronautics and Indian Space Research Organization.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has been ranked as the world’s top research university, reveals in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- Prof. M. L. Munjal, Honorary professor, is recognized with Distinguished Chair Professorship by AICTE.
- Prof. Ramsharan Rangarajan received the Priti Shankar Award for Teaching Excellence this year in engineering. Congratulations
- Dr. Chaman Lal Sharma breathed his last on Dec. 4th, 2020. He had served the mechanical engineering department and the Institute for 28 y and retired as a Principal Research Scientist in 2006.
- Retired Professor Udipi Shrinivasa @IiscMechanical received the Karnataka Rajyotsava Award in Science & Technology for this year. Congratulations!