The in-house Research Symposium is an important annual event for the students, staff and faculty of the Department. Research students are presented an opportunity to showcase their work through oral presentations and posters to the entire Department. It serves to highlight ongoing research, foster healthy interactions amongst diverse research groups, and provide an amalgam of corrective measures and rich ideas from seemingly disparate areas of work. This is also an occasion where the Department interacts socially. The symposium features special lectures by alumni and other accomplished speakers from different backgrounds. This event of the students and by the students is for all members of the Department. It is also open to researchers outside the Department.
- Prof. Pramod Kumar and Prof. Dibakar Sen have been selected for the Abdul Kalam technology innovation fellowship from INAE-SERB. Congratulations
- Prof. M. R. Seshadri breathed his last on July 2, 2021. Prof. M. R. Seshadri was the founder faculty of the then trendy Foundry Engineering stream in Mechanical Engineering department of IISc
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has been ranked as the world’s top research university, reveals in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- Prof. M. L. Munjal, Honorary professor, is recognized with Distinguished Chair Professorship by AICTE.
- Prof. Ramsharan Rangarajan received the Priti Shankar Award for Teaching Excellence this year in engineering. Congratulations