The in-house Research Symposium is an important annual event for the students, staff and faculty of the Department. Research students are presented an opportunity to showcase their work through oral presentations and posters to the entire Department. It serves to highlight ongoing research, foster healthy interactions amongst diverse research groups, and provide an amalgam of corrective measures and rich ideas from seemingly disparate areas of work. This is also an occasion where the Department interacts socially. The symposium features special lectures by alumni and other accomplished speakers from different backgrounds. This event of the students and by the students is for all members of the Department. It is also open to researchers outside the Department.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has been ranked as the world’s top research university, reveals in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- Prof. M. L. Munjal, Honorary professor, is recognized with Distinguished Chair Professorship by AICTE.
- Prof. Ramsharan Rangarajan received the Priti Shankar Award for Teaching Excellence this year in engineering. Congratulations
- Dr. Chaman Lal Sharma breathed his last on Dec. 4th, 2020. He had served the mechanical engineering department and the Institute for 28 y and retired as a Principal Research Scientist in 2006.
- Retired Professor Udipi Shrinivasa @IiscMechanical received the Karnataka Rajyotsava Award in Science & Technology for this year. Congratulations!