PhD, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1999
MTech, IIT Madras, 1992
BE, Thiagarajar College of Engineering., Madurai, 1989
+91 80 2293 3233
Small-scale materials properties, Solid mechanics
Nanomechanics, Nanoparticles in tribology
Surface microtexturing, Designing surfaces for drag reduction
- ME 255 Fundamentals of Tribology
- ME 273 Solid and Fluid Phenomena at small scales
Selected Recent Publications
- Dilip, D., Kumar, S. V., Bobji, M. S., & Govardhan, R. N. (2018). Sustained drag reduction and thermo-hydraulic performance enhancement in textured hydrophobic microchannels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 119, 551-563.
- Jayadeep, U. B., & Bobji, M. S. (2017). Energy loss due to adhesion during the impact of elastic spheres. Procedia engineering, 173, 238-243.
- Yadav, A., Muthukumar, M., & Bobji, M. S. (2016). Porous alumina based ordered nanocomposite coating for wear resistance. Materials Research Express, 3(8), 085021.
- Devi, A. L., Nongthomba, U., & Bobji, M. S. (2016). Quantitative characterization of adhesion and stiffness of corneal lens of Drosophila melanogaster using atomic force microscopy.Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 53, 161-173.
- Dilip, D., Jha, N. K., Govardhan, R. N., & Bobji, M. S. (2014). Controlling air solubility to maintain “Cassie” state for sustained drag reduction. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 459, 217-224.
- Shrikanth, V., & Bobji, M. S. (2014). A non-resonant mass sensor to eliminate the “missing mass” effect during mass measurement of biological materials. Review of Scientific Instruments, 85(10), 105006.
- In-situ Raman spectroscopy for studying molecular deformation in boundary lubrication, 2017-20, Cost: 54.3 lakhs DST-SERB
- Energy efficient polyhouse and aeroponic system for mini-tuber production of tissue cultured potato, 2017-20, 348 lakhs, ICAR
- Simulation Environment with Active Feedback for Epidural Procedures, , 2013 -2015, 125, Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber Physical Systems