Even though the Department is closed during the SARS-CoV-2 crisis, its intellectual engagement with the students is continued by its faculty while are all following “stay home; stay safe” guideline. Furthermore, some faculty are engaged in modeling the spread of virus and the mechanics of droplets.
- Prof. M. R. Seshadri breathed his last on July 2, 2021. Prof. M. R. Seshadri was the founder faculty of the then trendy Foundry Engineering stream in Mechanical Engineering department of IISc
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has been ranked as the world’s top research university, reveals in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- Prof. M. L. Munjal, Honorary professor, is recognized with Distinguished Chair Professorship by AICTE.
- Prof. Ramsharan Rangarajan received the Priti Shankar Award for Teaching Excellence this year in engineering. Congratulations
- Dr. Chaman Lal Sharma breathed his last on Dec. 4th, 2020. He had served the mechanical engineering department and the Institute for 28 y and retired as a Principal Research Scientist in 2006.