Even though the Department is closed during the SARS-CoV-2 crisis, its intellectual engagement with the students is continued by its faculty while are all following “stay home; stay safe” guideline. Furthermore, some faculty are engaged in modeling the spread of virus and the mechanics of droplets.
- A popular science story entitled “Tiny Droplets Bring Big Benefits” written by Mr. Omkar Hegde from Professor Saptarshi Basu’s lab has been selected for AWSAR Award.
- Laboratory studies of free convective turbulent transport of heat and moisture
- Dr. Jishnu Keshavan joins ME@IISc on July 15th, 2020
- Prof. Saptarshi Basu’s research on droplets was highlighted in newspaper articles
- Modeling the role of respiratory droplets in Covid-19 type pandemic