Even though the Department is closed during the SARS-CoV-2 crisis, its intellectual engagement with the students is continued by its faculty while are all following “stay home; stay safe” guideline. Furthermore, some faculty are engaged in modeling the spread of virus and the mechanics of droplets.
- Dr. Chaman Lal Sharma breathed his last on Dec. 4th, 2020. He had served the mechanical engineering department and the Institute for 28 y and retired as a Principal Research Scientist in 2006.
- Retired Professor Udipi Shrinivasa @IiscMechanical received the Karnataka Rajyotsava Award in Science & Technology for this year. Congratulations!
- A popular science story entitled “Tiny Droplets Bring Big Benefits” written by Mr. Omkar Hegde from Professor Saptarshi Basu’s lab has been selected for AWSAR Award.
- Laboratory studies of free convective turbulent transport of heat and moisture
- Dr. Jishnu Keshavan joins ME@IISc on July 15th, 2020