Communicating Research to non-experts
Prof. Mohit Kumar Jolly is an Assistant Professor at BSSE and earned his Bachelors and Masters degrees at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), India. There he began to recognize the promise of mathematics or theoretical physics to understand complex biological systems. He joined Prof. Herbert Levine at Rice University in Texas for his Ph.D. to study the intrinsic characteristics of cancer metastasis. His present lab interests are at the intersection of cancer biology and computational systems biology. In addition to his research, Jolly has led outreach and science communication initiatives, including co-founding Notes on Engineering Research and Development (NERD), a quarterly campus science magazine at IITK, and developing and conducting science communication workshops for graduate students and post-docs.
We have four contenders who will present in the order listed below:
- Mr. Pabitra Badhuk
- Mr. Vageesh Baghel
- Mr. Akshay Desai
- Mr. Prasenjit Ghosh
We will make available the link to a form that you may fill to indicate your preference for the People’s Choice Award; you may vote only once.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has been ranked as the world’s top research university, reveals in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- Prof. M. L. Munjal, Honorary professor, is recognized with Distinguished Chair Professorship by AICTE.
- Prof. Ramsharan Rangarajan received the Priti Shankar Award for Teaching Excellence this year in engineering. Congratulations
- Dr. Chaman Lal Sharma breathed his last on Dec. 4th, 2020. He had served the mechanical engineering department and the Institute for 28 y and retired as a Principal Research Scientist in 2006.
- Retired Professor Udipi Shrinivasa @IiscMechanical received the Karnataka Rajyotsava Award in Science & Technology for this year. Congratulations!