Communicating Research to non-experts
Prof. Mohit Kumar Jolly is an Assistant Professor at BSSE and earned his Bachelors and Masters degrees at the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), India. There he began to recognize the promise of mathematics or theoretical physics to understand complex biological systems. He joined Prof. Herbert Levine at Rice University in Texas for his Ph.D. to study the intrinsic characteristics of cancer metastasis. His present lab interests are at the intersection of cancer biology and computational systems biology. In addition to his research, Jolly has led outreach and science communication initiatives, including co-founding Notes on Engineering Research and Development (NERD), a quarterly campus science magazine at IITK, and developing and conducting science communication workshops for graduate students and post-docs.
We have four contenders who will present in the order listed below:
- Mr. Pabitra Badhuk
- Mr. Vageesh Baghel
- Mr. Akshay Desai
- Mr. Prasenjit Ghosh
We will make available the link to a form that you may fill to indicate your preference for the People’s Choice Award; you may vote only once.
- Prof. Ashitava Ghosal has been selected for the “Prof. SATISH DHAWAN Chair Professorship”. Congratulations
- Prof. Saptarshi Basu has been selected for the “Pratt and Whitney Chair Professorship”. Congratulations
- Prof. Navaneetha Krishnan Ravichandran has been selected as a “Infosys Young Investigator”. Congratulations
- IJMF Spotlight V-Seminar Series: Spectacular voyage of droplets: Gas Turbines to SARS-CoV-2
- Prof. Pramod Kumar and Prof. Dibakar Sen have been selected for the Abdul Kalam technology innovation fellowship from INAE-SERB. Congratulations